The Orleans County Sheriff's office is investigating the deaths of a woman and her 14-year-old son inside a home in Kendall. Investigators believe it may be due to carbon monoxide poisoning. Emergency crews were called to a home on Center Road around 7:30 pm Wednesday for the report of a propane gas leak. Firefighters discovered the bodies of Joan Gilman, 38, and her son Richard Gilman Jr., 14, in an upstairs bedroom. Deputies said electrical power had been turned off at the duplex a few days ago and that a portable generator was being used along with some propane powered appliances during this period of time.
Deputies responded to this home on Center Road in Kendall last night for the report of a propane gas leak. Deputies discovered the mother and son in an upstairs bedroom. First responders also discovered a portable generator and propane appliances were being used @13WHAM pic.twitter.com/kuyxge6ARz— Alexis Arnold (@1AlexisArnold) April 19, 2018