The grandparents of a Rochester baby who choked on a baggie containing drug residue have been found guilty by a judge.
Edaliz Torres and Bartolomeo Blackburn were convicted of child endangerment and criminal possession of a controlled substance in a bench trial.
Last June, police were called to a home on Roycroft drive for the report of a baby boy not breathing and not alert. Responding Firefighters found that the nine-month old baby had ingested a ziploc-style bag that contained drug residue. Rescuers gave the baby CPR, and cleared his airway. He was given the anti-opioid medication, Narcan, at the hospital.
The mother of the baby was initially charged but never indicted.