Fire left a two-family house uninhabitable this afternoon on Spencer Street.
The Rochester Fire Department says a child noticed the fire at 176 Spencer Street and notified the mother, who got her family out of the house and called 911. Fire was coming out the second floor windows by the time they got out.
Firefighters kept most of the flames confine to the second floor, but both apartments were damaged. One firefighter was injured and taken to Strong Memorial Hospital for treatment. The Red Cross is helping the family.