Listen Live on  
 

NewsRadio WHAM 1180

Rochester's News, Weather & Traffic Station
 
 

Fire Causes Damage To Popular Village Gate Restaurant

 
Fire Causes Damage To Popular Village Gate Restaurant
Posted August 25th, 2014 @ 5:36am

Rochester, NY - Owners of a Village Gate restaurant are temporarily closing their doors for repairs.

The owners of Salena's Mexican Restaurant say the eatery suffered significant water damage Saturday night, following a fire in a nearby building.  They say the restaurant was flooded after a water main broke while firefighters were putting out the fire.  Police say the fire started in a third story apartment, and was likely caused by an electrical issue.  No one was hurt.

The person living in that apartment was displaced. 

Recommended Stories

More from NewsRadio WHAM 1180

*