Windstream Party in the Park Lineup
|DATE||MAIN STAGE TALENT|
(Reggae, formed by the remaining members of Bob Marley & The Wailers, following the death of Bob Marley)
(American rock, folk, blues and country music singer and songwriter)
(alternative country/Southern rock band based in Athens, Georgia)
(American progressive bluegrass; Americana-based newgrass)
(New Orleans, Louisiana, brass band)
(a supergroup composed of Peter Buck, Mike Mills ((both of R.E.M.)), Scott McCaughey, Steve Wynn ((Dream Syndicate)) and Linda Pitmon)
(Southern rock, founding member of The Allman Brothers Band)
(funk band from New Orleans featuring Ivan and Ian Neville, the next generation of the famous Neville Brothers)
(Continuing the Grateful Dead concert experience)
(twice Grammy-nominated American alternative rock band from Seattle, WA)
(slide guitar super group featuring Rochester’s own Campbell Brothers)
Additional supporting acts as well as local bands that will play on a second stage in the bowl during breaks from the main stage will be announced as they're booked.
This year, Windstream Party in the Park moves back to its original location (which happens to have a new name!),Martin Luther King Jr. Park at Manhattan Square at 353 Court Street (corner of Court and Chestnut Streets). The park will allow concert-goers to bring a blanket and relax on the grass while listening to some of the summer's best music and enjoying Rochester's best food trucks and local beer offerings! Families will also get to enjoy access to the park's playground during the shows.
$5 Individual, General Admission tickets (children 12 and under are free) will go on sale in mid-May. They will be available for purchase at:
- The gate;
- The Blue Cross Arena box office, 1 War Memorial Square;
- Ticketmaster at:
- Ticketmaster.com (with associated service charges); or
- 800-745-3000 (with associated service charges).
Party Pack (for the general public) are available for $35 for tickets to all 9 shows and access to express entry line. Available at the Blue Cross Arena box office.
The Strong members may purchase a Party Pack for $30. Available for sale at The Strong's gift shop.
Windstream employees may purchase a Party Park for $30 for all 9 shows. Available at Windstream headquarters, 245 E. Main St.
- Blankets are allowed.
- NO lawn chairs.
Food and Drink
Local food will be available from some of the area's best food trucks. Details on which food trucks will be at each concert can be found on this page as the series gets closer. Gennesee, Labatts, and Rohrbach's will be on hand. Patrons may bring in one sealed bottle of water
- Washington Square Garage, 111 Woodbury Boulevard
- Court Street Garage, corner of South Avenue and Court Street
- East End Garage, 475 E. Main Street
- HSBC Garage, 100 Chestnut Street (enter on Broad Street side)
The Strong parking lot
- Windstream Party in the Park ticketholders who wish to park in The Strong museum parking lot may do so for a $7 fee beginning at 4:30 p.m. on event Thursdays. Cars should enter the lot via Woodbury Boulevard or Pitkin Street and must pay upon arrival. Tailgating is not permitted. Lot closes at 10:30 p.m.; overnight parking is not permitted. For more information and directions to the lot, visit www.museumofplay.org.
This year, the City is thrilled to welcome back Windstream as our title sponsor. Last summer, Windstream moved more than 350 employees to a new building on the Midtown site in Downtown Rochester. We are so excited to have them Downtown and with the series' move to the park, they'll be just a few blocks away from the fun each week!
Lawn chairs, bicycles, skateboards, in-line skates and pets will not be allowed in. Tailgating is prohibited.
Please call the Office of Special Events at (585) 428-6690.